1. Where are the gowns made?
A LA ROBE garments are designed and made in France, except for those sold in Australia, as we now have an atelier in Melbourne especially set up during 2020, and run by our former head seamstress. Our french atelier is in the countryside and we also produce in Paris... everything is individually cut and made with care by experienced professionals and hand finished.
2. Are the gowns silk?
All the gowns are made of silk and silk lined, the bias cut gowns are all double layer.
3. How are the gowns cleaned?
All the garments are pre-washed - this means they are pre-shrunk and have a soft finish. We recommend hand washing for all the garments as it is much more eco friendly and safer than dry cleaning.
- hand wash in warm water using silk or wool recommended washing liquid. Olive oil soap is great for dirty hems!
- rinse in warm water
- roll in a clean white towel and squeeze to get out excess water
- hang to dry out of the sun
- if you need to press, iron from the inside, and use a hand steamer to finish
4. I'm coming to the Paris salon for a fitting - What is the price range of the A LA ROBE collection?
In our Paris Salon d'essayage the prices range from €250 for a top, €750 for a skirt, and gowns start at around €2000. All styles are made to order, and prices include any alterations required.
5. What is the price range of the LOLA VARMA collection in the Paris salon?
The tops start around €400, the skirts at €2000 and the gowns at €2500. For a list of the styles we carry please see our LOLA VARMA Instagram story on @alarobe.
6. When should I be ordering my gown?
Normally at least 4 months in advance is best, but we will always try to accommodate a shorter time frame if necessary, so please ask. In Paris we may even have a style available straight away.
7. I don't have a stockist near me, what shall I do?
Please email and we will help you work something out!